Always have a sample meal plans that include breakfast, lunch, and dinner to get you started on your keto or HFLC diet plan. It involves consuming fewer carbs and taking in high-fat foods.
Before I take you to the plan, let’s consider what to consume and what to avoid.
Recommended Foods On a Keto/HFLC Diet
- Meat: Beef, lamb, goat. Turkey, veal, chicken, pork.
- Fish: Trout, Salmon, catfish, tuna, haddock, sardines.
- Dairy products: Greek yogurt, cheese, sour cream, heavy cream.
- Vegetables: Cucumbers, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus
- Fruits: Strawberries. Avocado, raspberries, blueberries.
- Fats and Oils: almond oil, olive oil, sesame oil, flaxseed oil, butter, peanut butter.
There are many recommended foods, and there is no way I can list all of them. And that explains why in every type of food, I have listed several of them.
Take the above food and ensure to remain on a ketogenic diet, and never overeat. Preferably consume in fewer portions throughout the day.
When your body remains in Ketosis, you may lose weight rapidly, and your water weight may reduce. It’s a great encouragement since you’re going to lose a desired amount of weight and your clothes can now fit better, and you experience less bloating.
Recommend Foods to Avoid On a Keto/HFLC Diet
- Grains – Wheat, corn, oats, barley, rye, bread, and pasta.
- Artificial Sweeteners– Equal, Sucralose, Acesulfame, Saccharin, Splenda
- Processed foods – Any food containing Carrageenan, altogether avoid it.
- Low-fat products – drinks, diet soda, gluten, Atkins products
Avoid these products and many others if you’re on a keto/HFLC diet plan. They inhibit the primary benefit which is to keep your body healthy as you lose weight.
Simple Meal Plans
Now, you’re familiar with some of the foods to consume and those to avoid. The meal plans can run from three days to 30 days’ meal plan. I’ll at least give one option for meals with low carbs and high fats in every stage, which are breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Fried eggs with bacon and sautéed veggies.
- tablespoon of olive/butter oil
- 2 fried eggs in butter
- 2 pieces of butter
- ¾ cup spinach
- ½ cup mushroom (sautéed with spinach)
Breakfast meal, and contains high calories (774), 56 grams of fats, 25 grams of protein and only 5 grams of carbs. Also, you can take this meal plan with no eggs.
BLT Lettuce wrap
- 3 sliced leaves of romaine lettuce
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 2 oz. grilled chicken
- 5 small cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz. Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
Lunch meal, and contains high calories (632), 48 grams of fats, 42 grams of protein and only 8 grams of carbs. Also, you chose the taco salad.
Baked Salmon dish with baked potatoes
- 4 oz. Atlantic Salmon (with ½ tablespoon butter)
- ¾ mashed cauliflower (steamed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 piece of bacon
- 1 tablespoon scallions
- 1.5 oz. cheddar cheese
Dinner meal, and contains high calories (653), 53 grams of fats, 38 grams of protein and only 6 grams of carbs. Don’t bake together with salmon.
Try out the simple Keto/HFLC meal plan that’s suitable for beginners. When you consume fewer carbs and more fats, your body will burn fats to produce the much-need energy in the body. Through a process called ketosis, which involves the production of ketones that help in converting excess fats into energy.